NZXT CAM can operate while fully offline and does not require an internet connection when run in "Guest Mode". However, NZXT CAM does use an internet connection for the following:
- Checking for, downloading, and installing updates
- Logging in, and backing up user settings to the cloud so they can be recovered in the event of local data loss
- Allowing users to submit tickets and access our online help portal.
NZXT CAM sends the following information to NZXT when logged in to an account or in guest mode.
- Anonymized usage data, which NZXT uses to make improvements to NZXT CAM
- Anonymized performance data, which NZXT uses to make performance estimates around game performance on different systems.
All functions except for the auto-updating of the CAM software can be disabled in the General tab under "Privacy".