If you're using an RGB Gen 1 Controller, Smart Device or N7 Z370 and CAM are detecting the device but the strips do not light up or are lighting up in abnormal colors, please try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
- Make sure to have only LED strips OR RGB fans connected on each LED channel. You cannot connect both LED strips and RGB fans on the same channel.
- Check that you are using only NZXT LED strips or AER RGB fans.
- RGB Gen 1 Controller accessories and LED strips are not compatible with our RGB Gen 1 Controller, Smart Device, or N7 Z370 motherboard, you must instead use the NZXT RGB Gen 2.
- Check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the +5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables check those as well.
- The molex cable is what powers the light on the strips. Make sure that the molex is properly connected. You can try using a different molex on your power supply to see if the port on the power supply is working correctly. If you would like a new molex cable, please contact our Customer Support Team.
- Be sure that the SATA power is properly connected as it is what provides power to the LED strips. You can try using a different SATA power connector on your power supply to see if the port on the power supply is working correctly. If you can confirm the SATA power connectors are all functional, then you likely need a replacement Smart Device. You can contact the Customer Support Team for a replacement controller.
- Try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. To do this, exit out of CAM and unplug all the strips from the Rgb Gen 1 Controller. Then plug one strip into the RGB Gen 1 Controller, and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the strips. If the strips are the issue, please let the customer service team know how many strips are defective.
- Try using a different connection cable to connect the strips to the RGB Gen 1 Controller. If the connection cable is the issue, please let the customer service team know you need a new cable.
If you need assistance with additional troubleshooting or have any further questions, please contact our Customer Support Team.