Can I daisy-chain the NZXT RGB Underglow kit with other NZXT RGB devices on the same channel?
You can daisy-chain the NZXT RGB Underglow kit with other NZXT RGB devices, such as our other RGB LED strips or AER RGB 2 fans. Please note however, that the RGB Underglow kit can only be connected to Generation 2 NZXT RGB Products. The NZXT RGB Underglow kit cannot be used with the following products:
- NZXT Hue + Controllers
- NZXT Smart Device V1 Controllers (included with the H200i, H500i, and H700i cases)
- Generation 1 NZXT AER RGB Fans models RF-AR120-T1 or RF-AR140-T1
- Any Generation 1 NZXT RGB strips
- These can be easily identified by the NZXT Logo on the strip. Most Generation 1 strips will have a period (.) at the end of the NZXT Logo.
Please keep in mind that all NZXT RGB channels have a hard limit of 40 LEDs per channel. Depending on the model of Underglow Kit, you will need the following amount of available LEDs:
- 200mm Kit = 20 LEDs (10 per module)
- 300mm Kit = 30 LEDs (15 per module)
Can I install the NZXT RGB Underglow kit on a non-NZXT case?
Yes! However please keep in mind that a Generation 2 or newer NZXT RGB Controller is required in order to use the NZXT RGB Underglow kit. Compatible controllers include:
- NZXT RGB & Fan Controller
- NZXT Smart Device V2 included with select NZXT cases
- NZXT H510i & H510 Elite
- NZXT H210i
- NZXT H710i
- NZXT RGB Controllers included with select NZXT products
- H5 Elite
- H7 Elite*
- H9 Elite*
- NZXT Kraken (2023) coolers w/ included RGB fans
- NZXT Aer 2 and F-Series RGB Fan Multi-packs
- NZXT N5 and N7 Series Motherboards
Can the NZXT RGB Underglow kit be connected to a non-NZXT RGB header or third-party RGB controller?
The NZXT RGB Underglow kit is only compatible with Generation 2 or newer NZXT RGB Controllers.
Please do not connect the NZXT RGB Underglow kit to a non- NZXT RGB header such as a 12V RGB or 5V ARGB header, as this can result in permanent damage to the Underglow kit and/or the controller.
Can I install multiple NZXT RGB Underglow kits in my PC?
Yes! However please keep in mind that you will need an available port with enough LEDs for each kit. As mentioned above, the 200mm kit will require a total of 20 available LEDs while the 300mm kit will require a total of 30 available LEDs.
Do you have any questions not covered by this FAQ? Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team or join the Official NZXT Community Discord to keep up to date on our latest products, upcoming sales, and join in on discussions on everything from PC hardware to gaming.