Cam_helper.exe is a sub-process that NZXT CAM uses to increase stability. Since some of our features, primarily drawing the overlay, are dependent on the operation of other programs, they are managed via cam_helper.exe. In the event that the process fails unexpectedly, NZXT CAM can continue running as expected.
Articles in this section
- Can I downgrade to an older version of CAM?
- Do I need CAM to control my NZXT devices?
- Will CAM come to Linux or Mac OS?
- Can CAM control my fans without having an NZXT Fan Controller?
- Can CAM control 3rd party RGB devices?
- Why are the temperature, load, or frequency readings for my devices inaccurate?
- What is cam_helper.exe?
- What information does NZXT CAM back up to the cloud?
- What information does NZXT CAM send back to NZXT? Why does CAM have no “offline option”?