If you would like to make the most of your memory and get that extra boost you need then overclocking your memory to the max supported MHZ is necessary.
Prior to attempting to overclock, make sure you are on the latest BIOS version (1.0.2), as previous versions cannot fully overclock past 2666MHz. You can find the bios update in the specification section on the N7 product page here.
NZXT is not responsible for any damage caused by improper overclocking.
Here is a step by step guide on how to overclock your memory:
- Power system completely off.
- Start system, on startup press “DEL” or “DELETE” key on the motherboard to get into the BIOS.
- This will put you in the basic BIOS. Select "Advanced", as seen below:
- Select “CPU & RAM”, as seen below:
- Select “Memory”.
- Select “Memory Profile".
- Select “Custom Profile”, as seen below:
- Select “Memory Frequency”.
- Select “Auto” for your memory frequency or select the exact MHZ your memory can overclock to.
- Select “Exit”, and then “Save Changes and Exit”.
- From this point, you will be able to do the following:
- Use Automatic Overclocking appropriate for memory.
- Use Manual Overclocking appropriate for memory.
NZXT is not responsible for any damage done by improper overclocking.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact our Customer Support Team.